ShelG
Shel's Intro
Serf
From
Creation Points : 71
Hit Points : 1 / 17
MEP or PEP : 0 / 9
Earned Skill Points : 2
I cut my gaming teeth on the first edition D&D solo adventure Gate to Lion's Castle I got the Christmas my parents took us to Disneyland. In fourth grade, I was the only girl in my first gaming group and I got kicked out by the DM's mom. She said I was, "Distracting." It's true that the DM let me get the hang of things by playing an NPC way more powerful than anyone else — the goddess Isis.

For the past decade, my current gaming group, six strong, has been playing Mage, mostly. We rotate GMs and tell our own stories. I've played werewolves, changelings, vampires, and a numbers of mages with varied personalities. One way or another, they all tend to be impulsive.

I'm a writer with a lot of geek cred known to buy comics in Everett. I like Halloween parties and play testing. I'd pick teleportation and the ability to stop time as my superpowers, and then mundanely use them to eliminate my commute and spend more time writing fiction.

— Shel
Posted on: 2008/9/25 13:49
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: Shel's Intro
Traveler of Karn
From Howling Bluff, Senton
Creation Points : 1244
Hit Points : 2 / 30
MEP or PEP : 121 / 3316
Earned Skill Points : 77
Quote:

ShelG wrote:
I'd pick teleportation and the ability to stop time as my superpowers, and then mundanely use them to eliminate my commute and spend more time writing fiction.

I would so choose these powers too. Flying and invisibility and super strength are cool and all, but what can beat control over time and space when it comes to getting enough time to do what I really want to do?

Glad you like playtesting and darker style games, because that is what I am going to need with Whispering Bluff. I hope you can make it down for one or more of these weeks.

Dragavan
Posted on: 2008/9/25 20:54
  •  Timmer
      Timmer
Re: Shel's Intro
Traveler of Karn
From The Basement
Creation Points : 699
Hit Points : 1 / 25
MEP or PEP : 40 / 1777
Earned Skill Points : 98
Welcome Shel!

Sorry about being slow on the draw about welcoming you; I guess I'm down-right lazy or at least half-assed in my approach... maybe it's the whole 'opening up my lap-top and going to the website and logging in... etc' that get's me all tuckered out.
I'm not sure what superpower I would have... the power to control time and space would be a bit much for me; trying to fix historical wrongs and save kittens from trees would be endless and would eventually take it's toll. I would be mush by mid-afternoon. Maybe I'm just 'LazyMan'... 'unable to leap a chaise lounge in a single bound'. Meh! It's too high to jump, I think I'll just lay here...
Posted on: 2008/9/29 23:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.