Poster Thread
Percentage Rolling Change Idea...?
Traveler of Karn
From Howling Bluff, Senton
Creation Points : 1244
Hit Points : 2 / 31
MEP or PEP : 121 / 3441
Earned Skill Points : 77
I read something about a game mechanic and part of it really struck me as a cool idea I think would work better as part of the LoK system. This only effects Criticals.

Instead of having the Top/Bottom 5% be Criticals, you get a critical when you roll double numbers (success or failure, determined as normal, would decide if it was a fumble or success).

So a skill level of 67% would have a Critical success on a roll of 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, and 66 and and a Critical failure on a roll of 77, 88, 99, and 00.

I really like this as it makes somone who is good at something have a much better chance of being REALLY good and someone who is crap at something have a better chance of being REALLY crap at it.

What do you all think?
Posted on: 2008/6/16 15:38
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Timmer
      Timmer
Re: Percentage Rolling Change Idea...?
Traveler of Karn
From The Basement
Creation Points : 699
Hit Points : 1 / 26
MEP or PEP : 40 / 1843
Earned Skill Points : 98
I think this is a pretty cool idea... it gives you the incentive of getting your skills up and puts more value in your skill points when you first create your character. You could also include how intense the critical is by how close or far the roll is to your skill maximum, such as if you have a cooking skill of 47% and roll a 44, you succeed at preparing a very good meal; if you roll an 11, you do an outstanding job, people are very impressed and there may even be some additional nutritional value included (you may not need to eat again for quite awhile or you have added energy and such). On the flip side, if you roll a 55, the meal is eatable, but not very good. If a 99 or 00 are rolled, the food is bad and you have a really rough time cooking (you may have burnt yourself or the cooking time was extended). Also, the food may taste ok enough, but everyone gets food poisoning and must make an endurance roll or get dysentery. Everyone could also become weak, ill and feverish. Not a good thing to have if you're way out in the wilderness or on a mission.
Posted on: 2008/6/18 13:15
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.